McDonald's plots music scheme and mobile ordering in digital overhaul
McDonald's is set to launch a music and entertainment offering to customers, as it looks to expand its digital presence.
McDonald's: 'summer scoop with McFlurry' campaign
According to reports, the fast food chain is developing a "variety of digital music and entertainment experiences" in an effort to "reward [its] most enthusiastic customers and drive frequency".
It comes amidst a recruitment drive at the business. The brand is advertising a number of digital, technology and IT roles.
McDonald’s recently announced the hire of Ticketmaster’s Julia Vander Ploeg as its first US vice president of digital, while the brand is in the process of recruiting a product director for music and entertainment.
Its global digital team is understood to be devising a range of loyalty and e-commerce initiatives to increase sales.
One job ad for an ecommerce platform project lead states that McDonald’s aims to remove "physical boundaries" and allow its customers to "connect to and order McDonald's any time or place, globally".
The brand has begun investing in real-time online content, partnering with Facebook to launch a series of videos after each match at this summer’s Fifa World Cup.
McDonald’s has also previously trialled the use of technology in its UK outlets, with one concept restaurant allowing customers to use iPads.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- SENIOR 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS Live Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Strategy Director - Consumer PR Reuben Sinclair £65000 - £85000 Per Annum, London (Greater)