McDonald's plots music scheme and mobile ordering in digital overhaul
McDonald's is set to launch a music and entertainment offering to customers, as it looks to expand its digital presence.
McDonald's: 'summer scoop with McFlurry' campaign
According to reports, the fast food chain is developing a "variety of digital music and entertainment experiences" in an effort to "reward [its] most enthusiastic customers and drive frequency".
It comes amidst a recruitment drive at the business. The brand is advertising a number of digital, technology and IT roles.
McDonald’s recently announced the hire of Ticketmaster’s Julia Vander Ploeg as its first US vice president of digital, while the brand is in the process of recruiting a product director for music and entertainment.
Its global digital team is understood to be devising a range of loyalty and e-commerce initiatives to increase sales.
One job ad for an ecommerce platform project lead states that McDonald’s aims to remove "physical boundaries" and allow its customers to "connect to and order McDonald's any time or place, globally".
The brand has begun investing in real-time online content, partnering with Facebook to launch a series of videos after each match at this summer’s Fifa World Cup.
McDonald’s has also previously trialled the use of technology in its UK outlets, with one concept restaurant allowing customers to use iPads.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End