McDonald's plots music scheme and mobile ordering in digital overhaul
McDonald's is set to launch a music and entertainment offering to customers, as it looks to expand its digital presence.
McDonald's: 'summer scoop with McFlurry' campaign
According to reports, the fast food chain is developing a "variety of digital music and entertainment experiences" in an effort to "reward [its] most enthusiastic customers and drive frequency".
It comes amidst a recruitment drive at the business. The brand is advertising a number of digital, technology and IT roles.
McDonald’s recently announced the hire of Ticketmaster’s Julia Vander Ploeg as its first US vice president of digital, while the brand is in the process of recruiting a product director for music and entertainment.
Its global digital team is understood to be devising a range of loyalty and e-commerce initiatives to increase sales.
One job ad for an ecommerce platform project lead states that McDonald’s aims to remove "physical boundaries" and allow its customers to "connect to and order McDonald's any time or place, globally".
The brand has begun investing in real-time online content, partnering with Facebook to launch a series of videos after each match at this summer’s Fifa World Cup.
McDonald’s has also previously trialled the use of technology in its UK outlets, with one concept restaurant allowing customers to use iPads.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...