Doctor Who fans allowed to pilot the Tardis with interactive YouTube game
To celebrate the return of Doctor Who, and the arrival of new lead actor Peter Capaldi, the BBC has launched an interactive game allowing users to pilot the Tardis.
The expandable YouTube banner invites users to fly the Tardis through the time vortex, with the aim of landing at London's Parliament Square - where a crash-landed version of the Tardis has been mocked up (below).
Successful gamers wil also unlock exclusive content, including a new scene featuring Capaldi's Doctor and his companion Clara, played by Jenna Coleman.
The cast recently completed a world tour taking in Seoul, Sydney, Mexico City, New York and Rio de Janeiro to promote the return of the series.
— Alex Voce (@Alexandra_Voce) August 22, 2014
Brand: Doctor Who
Client: Hugh Davies, BBC marketing head of drama
Agency: Red Bee Media
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)