Magnum beacon tech allows Londoners to 'get together' for ice cream
Ice cream brand Magnum has unveiled a smartphone app that allows users to seek out friends in the local area and invite them to "get together for a Magnum".
Magnum: launches the beacon-enabled M-Pulse app
The brand has developed ‘M-Pulse', an app that allows Londoners to seek out friends, find their closest Magnum retailer and invite them to meet for an ice cream, as part of Magnum's 25th anniversary celebrations.
M-Pulse is also designed to enable "proximity marketing," highlighting exclusive deals and offers, in a bid to drive sales and footfall. The brand has partnered with WHSmith in London and the South East, where outlets will install beacons in chiller cabinets throughout the region.
Neil Gledhill, Magnum global brand director, said: "We’re thrilled to pioneer an innovative technology such as beacons to deliver a mobile experience, which can really strengthen Magnum’s promise of delivering pleasure and connect thousands of pleasure seekers in the city."
M-Pulse had been developed by start-up NewAer as part of the Unilever Foundry, an initiative that aims to connect tech-orientated start-ups with brands.
The app is the first set of projects supported by The Unilever Foundry, an initiative to bring tech-orientated start-ups and brands together.
Marc Mathieu, global senior vice-president, marketing, at Unilever, said: "Start-ups are pioneering the future of marketing and through the Unilever Foundry, we’re making it possible for innovative tech companies to pilot with our brands.
"M-Pulse is a great example of how a start-up, agencies and an iconic brand like Magnum can collaborate to deliver a transformative social and brand experience."
Karmarama handled the project's strategy, creative, design and user experience.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)