Digital media news & analysis
Multi-platform print-based media brands can play a big part in the media landscape of 2015, says Karl Marsden, managing director of Shortlist Media.
1. Mark Collins Collins remains the industry s most significant media buyer following the collapse of the Publicis/Omnicom merger. The Group M operation that he spearheads still controls at least a third of all the UK s trackable media spend. He st...
Mail Advertising, the commercial operation for the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, has merged its classified and display advertising sales teams under Rosemary Gorman as part of a group restructure.
Technics, the audio brand, has relaunched after six years with a new music service and ad campaign designed to "evoke the feeling of rediscovering music".
Jane Macken, managing director of Haymarket Business Media, home to Campaign, Marketing and PR Week, is leaving the publishing group after 26 years in the company.
Simon Rees is stepping down as chief executive of the Digital Cinema Media (DCM) at the end of January, to be replaced by interim leader Karen Stacey.
Auto Trader, the marketplace for new and used cars, is launching a £6.5 million TV campaign on Boxing Day, drawing on the different ways people look for their perfect car.
Robin Williams, the comic actor who took his own life in August, was the most popular Google search in 2014, according to data released by the search engine.
Johnston Press has appointed Andrew Cunning, the creative director at Harper Collins Publishers, as chief creative officer and hired Liam Reynolds to lead its national ad sales.
News UK Commercial has hired Omnicom Media Group's Chris Amor to replace Matt Shreeve as the publishing group's trading director.
Carat has appointed Sally Silver, M4C's head of digital, to head up its government media team following the account's move into the Dentsu Aegis Network.
BT Group has entered into exclusive talks to buy EE from the European mobile operators Deutsche Telekom and Orange for £12.5 billion.
McCann Bristol has created an online recruitment campaign that offers young creatives the chance to earn £100,000 in one month.
Age UK, the charity for older people, is encouraging people to donate the money they would spend on a secret Santa gift to the charity.
After rolling out a series of tools to collaborate with agencies better and focusing on its video ad offering, the world's biggest social network became a grown-up advertising medium in 2014.
Alan Rusbridger will step down as editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media in the summer of 2015, ending 20 years as one of the UK's most influential and outspoken editorial leaders.
In a sea of change, 2014 has been a tipping point for nascent publishing business Buzzfeed, says vice president of Europe, Will Hayward.
This week, Lucy Sinclair, chief marketing officer, Johnston Press is inspired by fearless innovation in the Land of the Midnight Sun.
A video of a dog dressed as a giant spider that tricks passers-by into thinking it is killing people has become the top trending film on YouTube globally.
Tablets, led by Apple's iPad, Samsung's Galaxy and Google's Nexus, are set to overtake laptops as the UK's most popular place to watch television and films after main TV sets, according to research from Thinkbox.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)