Media Week Awards 2013 winners to be unveiled tonight
The stage is set for the Media Week Awards 2013 tonight, which will be attended by 1,450 members of the UK media industry and hosted by Greg Davies of 'The Inbetweeners' fame.
All of the UK's major media owners will be represented at this evening's event, which will be attended by key members of the leading media agencies.
Awards to be announced at the ceremony include the Agency of the Year, Sales Team of the Year, Media Brand of the Year and Rising Stars at media agencies and media companies.
Meet the judges
This year's awards were judged by 73 media leaders (many of whom are pictured below) selected from all sides of the industry. This year's panel includes Kelly Williams, group commercial director, ITV, Stuart Mays, director of commercial strategy, Global Radio, Pedro Avery, chief executive, Arena, Paul Frampton, chief executive, Havas Media UK, Karen Stacey, broadcast sales director, Bauer Media and Ann Wixley, creative director, OMD UK. The licensing hours of the Grosvenor Hotel have been extended by two hours this evening, to aid the celebration and both a live band and DJs have been booked as part of the after-show entertainment.
Co-chair of this year’s judging panel, Linda Grant, managing director of Metro, called them "a hugely important event in the media calendar", and "an opportunity to celebrate the breadth and depth of talent within our industry".
Steve Hatch, chief executive of MEC and fellow co-chair of judges, added: "What a privilege it has been to co-chair the Media Week Awards in a year that was a tsunami of a high watermark.
"The judges wrestled and rowed for hours in selecting this year’s winners, with the creative thinking and innovation nothing short of inspiring and matched only by the keen spirit of collaboration of the very best work."
Top-tier sponsors at Media Week Awards 2013 include Metro, ShortList Media, NeverUnderDressed, OK! Magazine, Spotify, BrightRoll, GetMeMedia, TubeMogul and Undertone.
Keep up with all the stories from tonight on Twitter using the hashtag #MWAwards.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London