New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
Ahead of making your new year's resolutions, Campaign offers a suggestion: 2014 is the year you should learn to code.
The video above goes behind the scenes at Minibar's CodeMaker course, which teaches the principles and fundamentals of coding at a workshop day in the offices of creative agency Mother.
Delegates explain about why it is important that senior marketers and agency leaders should learn to code.
Matthew Barwell, formerly director of marketing and innovation at drinks giant Diageo, says: "Digital skills are critical...when you look to recruit a marketer you want to have people with that competency.
"In the future, that's going to be a fundamental skill of a great marketer."
Christian Ahlert, director of Minibar Ventures, who run the course, adds that senior agency figures should take up coding to ensure they are up to date with their junior members of staff.
Will you be learning to code in 2014? What other work-related new year's resolutions will you be making? Tell us in the comments box below.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London