Trinity Mirror upgrades 2013 forecast after strong November and December
Trinity Mirror has issued a profit upgrade after trading in November and December was better than anticipated.
Simon Fox: the chief executive of Trinity Mirror
In an update ahead of its audited results for 2013 on 13 March, Trinity Mirror said group revenue declined by just one per cent year on year in November and December, and digital revenue across its publishing division increased by 32 percent.
The group expects its adjusted operating profit for 2013 to be four per cent ahead of market expectations and adjusted earnings per share to be over five per cent ahead of expectations.
Group revenue at the publisher, which publishes the Daily and Sunday Mirror and The People, declined by four per cent in January, in line with expectations, while the digital revenue for its publishing division increased by 32 per cent year on year.
Simon Fox, the chief executive at Trinity Mirror, said: "I am pleased with the group's performance for 2013, which is ahead of our expectations following a better than anticipated end to the year.
"The impairment charges are driven by technical accounting requirements. They do not relate to or impact the progress we are making with our strategy and I continue to believe that the business has significant long term potential.
"In the meantime, trading for the start of 2014 is in line with our expectations."
Last month, Trinity Mirror closed its digital site People.co.uk, dubbed "Buzzfeed for grown-ups" and led by publishing director Sue Douglas, after just three months, due to a lack of traffic.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London