Facebook's tenth birthday: watch a brief history
Facebook, the social network co-founded and led by Mark Zuckerberg, celebrates its tenth birthday today.
Facebook: Vine video briefly encapsulates the social network's history
Launched in 2004 as thefacebook.com, Facebook now boasts 1.23 billion monthly active users. Its mobile products are used by 945 million each month.
In 2010, Zuckerberg was named "Person of the year" by Time magazine.
The social network acquired Instagram, the photo-sharing app, in April 2012, for a reported $1 billion.
Based in California, Facebook now operates offices across locations including Amsterdam, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong, London, Tokyo and Sydney.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England