Facebook's tenth birthday: watch a brief history
Facebook, the social network co-founded and led by Mark Zuckerberg, celebrates its tenth birthday today.
Facebook: Vine video briefly encapsulates the social network's history
Launched in 2004 as thefacebook.com, Facebook now boasts 1.23 billion monthly active users. Its mobile products are used by 945 million each month.
In 2010, Zuckerberg was named "Person of the year" by Time magazine.
The social network acquired Instagram, the photo-sharing app, in April 2012, for a reported $1 billion.
Based in California, Facebook now operates offices across locations including Amsterdam, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong, London, Tokyo and Sydney.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london