Yahoo signs Jose Mourinho for World Cup
Jose Mourinho, the Chelsea manager, has signed up as Yahoo's global football ambassador ahead of the 2014 Fifa World Cup.
Jose Mourinho: signs for Yahoo as global football ambassador
As part of his role as football ambassador Mourinho will provide analysis on the tournament for Yahoo. He will also develop exclusive behind-the-scenes content on his own Tumblr page.
It is the first time Mourinho has done any form of social media.
Robert Bridge, the vice president of international marketing at Yahoo said: "This a global marketing initiative which forms a key part of our brand activity this year, matching the passion and authority that Jose brings to the game with our own.
"Arguably one of the biggest names in football - Jose will be the face of many of our consumer marketing campaigns - in this huge year for football. It's a strategic partnership, using our own platform to drive digital engagement, creating emotional connections between Yahoo and people's offline interests."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)