TMG's Seiken to instil digital-native culture
Telegraph Media Group needs to be "the polar opposite of traditional Fleet Street", with the emphasis moving from "imperial editors" to "empowering the reader", according to its editor-in-chief, Jason Seiken.
Seiken: digital-native culture
Speaking to Campaign ahead of his Newsworks Shift address today (Thursday), Seiken says a fundamental shake-up is required.
He said: "Most newspapers, in their digital transformation efforts, are putting the cart before the horse. Maybe they’re adopting a digital-first production model. Or focusing on video. Or trying audio. Or using volunteer bloggers. Or trying hyper-local coverage… they’ll all fail at newspapers that don’t first create a newsroom that has a true digital-native culture."
Seiken added that he plans to "hire world-class experts across a broad range of disciplines".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)