Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
Unilever has created a YouTube channel filled with hair styling tutorials from well-known video bloggers as a platform to advertise a range of its hair brands.
The channel, called 'All Things Hair', marks the first time that Unilever has advertised multiple brands as part of the same campaign. The brands involved include Toni & Guy, Dove and VO5.
The channel uses Google data to determine what hair advice women are searching for. It then forwards these queries on to a team of video bloggers who create instructional films.
The bloggers already have substantial followings on YouTube. Two of them – Zoella and Tania – have more than one million followers each. The bloggers, who are from the UK and Canada, are paid by Unilever for their contributions.
Razorfish created the concept and designed the YouTube channel, which is still in Beta testing. The final version will allow viewers to purchase any featured products with a click.
The project was created by Julie Barnes and Kathrin Burckhardt. Malin Hanås was the creative director. Mindshare UK & Canada handled the media planning and buying.
Razorfish has been working with Unilever since 2008.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)