Facebook asks EC to review £19bn WhatsApp deal
Facebook has asked the European Commission (EC) to review its $19 billion purchase of WhatsApp.
Facebook has asked EC to look at WhatsApp deal
It is understood that Facebook has asked the EC, the European antitrust authority, to look at the deal, which would prevent Facebook from having to work through antitrust processes in different European countries.
The Federal Trade Commission in the US approved the deal in April.
A spokeswoman for the EC had not returned request for comment by the time of publication. A spokesman for Facebook declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London