Facebook asks EC to review £19bn WhatsApp deal
Facebook has asked the European Commission (EC) to review its $19 billion purchase of WhatsApp.
Facebook has asked EC to look at WhatsApp deal
It is understood that Facebook has asked the EC, the European antitrust authority, to look at the deal, which would prevent Facebook from having to work through antitrust processes in different European countries.
The Federal Trade Commission in the US approved the deal in April.
A spokeswoman for the EC had not returned request for comment by the time of publication. A spokesman for Facebook declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)