Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
Uncle Ben's, the Mars food brand, has created a YouTube cooking channel as part of a campaign to encourage parents to cook with their children.
According to Uncle Ben's, one in four British parents never cook with their children. In a bid to get kids cooking, the brand has released a campaign called 'Ben’s Beginners', which was created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and launches today (26 August).
As part of the PR surrounding the launch, Uncle Ben's is seeding an online film in which an estate agent leads families around a house with no kitchen.
Uncle Ben’s will then publish weekly YouTube shows in which DJ BBQ (the presenter and DJ Christian Stevenson, who also works with Jamie Oliver's FoodTube channel) will show kids how to cook meals using the brand’s products.
These shows will be supported by videos featuring the actress and celebrity chef Lisa Faulkner, who will teach children the skills they need to be able to follow recipes. She will also front a cooking competition with a prize of £10,000 worth of cooking equipment for the winner’s school kitchen.
Liam Donnelly wrote the work. It was art directed by Phil Holbrook and Steve Stretton.
Chris Faith directed the social film through Fat Lemon (Jamie Oliver’s production company), while Jayne Hibbert Smith directed the content through Pulse Films. MediaCom was the media agency on the campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)