Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
Cobra, the Molson Coors Indian beer, has launched its biggest marketing campaign to date, introducing a charismatic entrepreneur 'The Boss' who runs the Cobra brewery and a bra company.
The "live smooth" campaign, created by Karmarama, aims to make consumers think again about the Indian beer and consider it as a drink to be bought in pubs rather than only with Indian food.
The new face of the brand, The Boss, lives an "impossibly smooth" lifestyle and splits his time between Cobra and the luxury underwear manufacturer BraCo (an anagram of Cobra).
It is Karmarama’s first work for Cobra since it won the brand’s advertising account from BMB in September 2013. It involved its sister Karma Comms Group agencies: Grape for social media, Kream for content and the PR agency Kaper.
The campaign will be extended across the year on social channels, through frequent content giving people a "glimpse into the daily life of The Boss".
Over the past few months, Cobra’s social channels have been posting videos of "smooth" prototypes of products that followers have suggested it develops, such as a "smooth" bicycle and a "smooth" pair of sunglasses.
Ali Pickering, the brand director at Molson Coors, said: "The ‘live smooth’ campaign is a move away from anything we have done on the brand before and brings to life the almost impossible smoothness of Cobra.
"We think our audience will love the mixture of The Boss’s aspirational lifestyle and the humorous tone of the voice in the ad. We’re really excited by this first stage in the evolution of the Cobra brand, with more to come in the future."
The TV ad was directed by Mike Maguire through Biscuit Films and written by Clement Woodward and Richard Connell at Karmarama. It launched on Friday night during ‘8 out of 10 Cats’ on Channel 4.
Dave Buonaguidi, the founder and chief creative officer at Karmarama, said the campaign showed "the two major passions in the life of The Boss, who skilfully divides his time between brewing impossibly smooth beer and making impossibly supportive brassieres".
He added: "In my book, he's living the dream."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)