Maria Sharapova stars in Rizzle Kicks Evian Wimbledon video
Evian has created a music video by the hip-hop duo Rizzle Kicks featuring the tennis star Maria Sharapova, as the centrepiece of a new Wimbledon-themed viral marketing campaign.
The original video, which was created by Kameleon and doubles as the video for Rizzle Kicks’ new summer single, will be accompanied by outdoor screens, print ads and social media, as part of the Danone-brand’s ongoing "live young" activity.
The three-minute music video of the song 'Tell her' shows the pair hot on the trail of their teenage crush, Sharapova, using Wimbledon village as a backdrop.
The living room walls are covered with photographs of their idol as they eagerly watch her performance at Wimbledon.
In the final moments, the pair watch Sharapova interviewed on television and, asked what she is listening to, she replies: "Rizzle Kicks – they’re really cool – I would love to meet them", at which point they hurl a bowl of popcorn over their heads and run for the front door.
Evian is the official bottled water of the Wimbledon tournament and Sharapova is the brand’s global ambassador.
The campaign will be supported by a dedicated microsite within Wimbledon.com, while the Rizzle Kicks YouTube video was officially released on Monday for the start of the tournament.
The campaign will also use social media as well as display and point-of-sale units in retail outlets such as Tesco, Boots and WHSmith.
The copywriter and art director for the campaign was Nick Chapin, of Kameleon, and the music video was produced in-house by the agency, with Matt Klemara as the producer, while the video’s director was Tom King.
The director of photography was Marcus Domleo and media buying was handled by MEC.
Pam Pines, the head of marketing for Danone Waters, said: "We are so excited to work with our newest live young ambassadors, Rizzle Kicks. This fantastic video celebrates the live young spirit in a completely new way.
"It has been great fun to work on the project and we know that music and tennis fans alike are going to love it."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London