Facebook buys advertising platform from Microsoft
Facebook has bought the advertising-measurement platform Atlas from Microsoft for an undisclosed sum.
Facebook: acquires ad-measurement platform Atlas from Microsoft
The acquisition shows that Facebook sees its focus on competing with Google and growing its advertising business, and the ability to gain far greater measurement data will help it do that.
Facebook will be able to start tracking the ads that people see and how they then link to purchases. Its main challenge will be how quickly it can integrate the technology.
Atlas was part of Microsoft's $6.3bn acquisition of digital ad agency aQuantive in 2007, which has largely proved a failure, leading to a $6.2bn write off last year.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury