Snap Fashion attempts to transform how we shop
British computer science graduate Jenny Griffiths is aiming to transform how we shop for clothes online.
Snap Fashion: offers visual search
Snap Fashion, her new iPhone app, lets users take a picture of an item of clothing, whether in a magazine or on the street, and instantly see similar items from high-street retailers.
Users simply need to snap the item, then search for it on Snap Fashion’s website. The results are usually returned within seconds, at which point, users can click through directly to the retailer’s website.
Griffiths, a 20-something Bristol graduate, has effectively come up with the first fashion-focused visual search engine.
Snap Fashions’ catalogue boasts high-street giants including Topshop, Jigsaw, Uniqlo, Warehouse, French Connection, Reiss and Kurt Geiger, in addition to etailers such as ASOS and mywardrobe.com, and a host of department stores such as Harrods, Selfridges, Liberty and US fashion emporium, Bloomingdales. Definitely one to bookmark for pay day.
Griffiths says that her app takes the concept of style-sharing on blogging sites a step further, by putting its cutting-edge search technology into the hands of fashion fans so they can buy the clothes they see in all those personal photos and on their favourite websites and magazine.
The visual search engine took home the $65,000 top prize at Decoded Fashion's pitch competition in London last autumn.From the Daily Poke blog on Brand Republic.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)