Arnold Amsterdam creates drug cookbook for Stüssy's spring line
FreshCotton, the online men's clothes shop, has released an online cookbook that combines haute cuisine and drugs to promote the launch of a range of limited edition Stüssy Amsterdam T-shirts.
FreshCotton teamed up with creative agency Arnold Amsterdam to produce the 'Baked' cookbook to promote the new range of Stüssy Amsterdam tees. The idea was to subvert the usual tactic of producing a lookbook to promote new lines of clothing.
The cookbook, which references Amsterdam’s tolerance towards narcotics, demonstrates how to create dishes using high-end ingredients and drugs – like marijuana and magic mushrooms – that can be legally obtained in the Netherlands. The recipes are interspersed with fashion pages.
In addition to the cookbook, which users can download by tweeting the company, Arnold Amsterdam also helped to create video recipes featuring chef Misha Sukyas, who wears the Stüssy T-shirts during the spots. The videos are available on YouTube.
Arnold Amsterdam has previously worked with Stüssy on social media campaigns, such as the 'Strip for Likes' project on Facebook, where pictures of a model wearing Stüssy clothes would get more revealing as more people "Liked" the ad.
Rickard Engstrom and Joris Kang’eri created the 'Baked' cookbook. Doug Hancock directed the videos through Darlings Amsterdam.
The digital execution was by Amsterdam-based studio Cartelle.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)