Campaign Viral Chart: Grumpy Cat makes his debut
Grumpy Cat, the popular internet meme, has entered the viral chart for the first time this week in a Christmas ad for Friskies cat food.
Grumpy Cat: stars in ad for Friskies
The ad, "it's hard to be a cat at Christmas", enters the chart in seventh place with 75,060 shares.
YouTube's review of the year remains in the chart for a second week. Created in-house, the video adds 113,387 shares this week to bring its all-time total to 255,300.
Following the emotive Christmas spot trend established by John Lewis, Apple's newly-released "misunderstood" by TBWA/Media Arts features a family brought to tears by a teenage relative's festive home video. The ad has been shared 123,649 times this week and sits in fifth place.
But at the top of the chart for a second week, WestJet, the Canadian Airline, has been shared a further 505,260 times.
The ad, created by Studio M, has been shared more than 800,000 times last week.
1. Samsung "westjet christmas miracle: real-time giving" by R/GA and Cheil Worldwide
505,260 shares this week
All time: 233,485 shares
2. Samsung "#galaxy11: the beginning" by R/GA and Cheil Worldwide
187,107 shares this week
All time: 307,257 shares
3. Mimi Foundation "if only for a second // mimi foundation // en" by Leo Burnett Paris
152,496 shares this week
All time: 277,494 shares
4. Coca Cola "life"
136,351 shares this week
All time: 540,088 shares
5. Apple "misunderstood" by TBWA/Media Arts
123,649 shares this week
All time: 281,655 shares
6. YouTube "YouTube rewind: what does 2013 say?" created in-house
113,387 shares this week
All time: 255,300 shares
7. Friskies "hard to be a cat at Christmas"
75,060 shares this week
All time: 178,303 shares
8. Turkish Airlines "the selfie shootout" by
73,036 shares this week
All time: 66,699 shares
9. Pro Infirmis "because who is perfect?" by Jung von Matt/Limmat, Zurich
61,368 shares this week
All time: 89,725 shares
10. Pantene"labels against women" by BBDO Guerrero
44,111 shares this week
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Social and Digital Media - Leading Luxury Brand Digital Gurus £55000 - £65000 Per Annum plus bonuses, London
- Account Director fishtank £40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Somerset
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London