Chipotle helps the British with pronunciation in first UK campaign
Chipotle, the Mexican fast-food chain, is releasing its first UK campaign after appointing Mother to its European creative account without a pitch.
Chipotle: Mother is the creative agency for the brand's first UK campaign
The print and poster ads show pictures of Chipotle's food along with instructions on how to pronounce the brand's name. The ads also feature the strapline "delicious however you say it".
The campaign will appear in London – where Chipotle has six restaurants – in the coming weeks.
Chipotle appointed Mother earlier this year. The agency is tasked with building Chipotle’s brand in the UK and supporting its European business.
Sara Tate, managing director at Mother, said: "Chipotle is the perfect Mother client: creatively brave with a keen conscience and a big heart. Working with brands like this is what we live for.
"Partnering with Chipotle at this stage of their business growth is hugely exciting and we’re proud to be working with such a values-driven client."
This is not the first time that Mother and Chipotle have worked together. In 2004, the restaurant hired the agency’s New York office to work on its advertising, but the relationship lasted only two years.
Chipotle churned through four different shops in the US between 2004 and 2009, before abandoning the idea of working with advertising agencies altogether in 2011.
Since then, Chipotle in the US has paired with Creative Artists Agency to make short, music-led films, including one featuring the country singer Willie Nelson covering Coldplay’s The Scientist, which won the first branded content Grand Prix at Cannes in 2012.
More recently, Chipotle backed an online TV series on Hulu called Farmed and Dangerous. The comedy show did not contain any obvious branding, but the plot focused on farming practices, which Chipotle is vocal about in its marketing.
For a full review of 'Farmed and Dangerous' click here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)