Barclays 'build your bank' initiative asks consumers for ideas
Barclays is launching a marketing drive that encourages consumers to share ideas about how it can improve its everyday banking services.
Barclays: launches Your Bank initiative next week
The 'Your Bank' initiative will invite members of the public, including non-Barclays customers, to help influence new products, digital banking tools, and in-branch experiences.
A campaign, rolling out on Monday 9 September, will attempt to raise awareness of the scheme and drive visitors to a 'Your Bank' online hub using an ear-themed creative.
Print, outdoor and digital ads, by BBH, will ask a series of questions designed to spark discussion and ideas. The questions include, "Your Bank. How can we save you time and not waste your time?" and, "Your branch. What would you change about yours?"
Each ad will carry the endline, "Share your ideas and help us build Your Bank at www.barclays.co.uk/yourbank ."
Red Bee Media will produce a series of online films to show how ideas are being used to improve everyday banking experiences. Media planning and buying for the campaign has been handled by Maxus, with Dare responsible for digital and social-media activity.
Purposes and values
The bank switched its
It comes as Barclays seeks to instil a new set of "purposes and values" on the back of several major scandals, and "rebuild trust" in the bank.
Sara Bennison (right), marketing director for Barclays Retail, said the bank wants to do a more "transparent job" of feeding customers’ ideas into its business.
She added: "The 'Your Bank' platform represents a very public commitment to listening to our customers and showing how we are going to act on change, big and small, which can make their lives easier.
"The campaign, which takes the platform from beta to full launch, has a bold visual approach to demonstrate listening and is unafraid to ask provocative questions to demonstrate we really do want to hear."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Stunning Digital Director - Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £60000 - £63000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London