P&G boosts F1 presence as Gillette signs up to McLaren deal
Gillette has struck a marketing partnership with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, as the brand's owner Procter & Gamble (P&G) looks to develop a footprint in Formula 1 and tap into its global appeal.
P&G: brand ambassador Jenson Button
The wide-ranging deal initially runs in Asia, but could be extended globally should it prove successful.
Until now, Gillette-owner P&G has not had a direct sponsorship involvement with F1 or an F1 team, although its Head & Shoulders brand sponsors McLaren driver Jenson Button.
The partnership, announced today, will run thoughout 2013 and will include dedicated TV spots, a digital campaign and a series of in-store events running in Asia to highlight the partnership.
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team principal Martin Whitmarsh, said: "F1 has already seen several multi-national corporations come on board this year, so this partnership once again underlines the inherent and ongoing opportunity and value of entering one of the most popular and watched sports in the world."
Brands which have moved into F1 this year include BlackBerry and Emirates.
However, Vodafone is ending its long-running sponsorship of F1 after announcing it will ditch its deal with McLaren at the end of the year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)