P&G boosts F1 presence as Gillette signs up to McLaren deal
Gillette has struck a marketing partnership with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, as the brand's owner Procter & Gamble (P&G) looks to develop a footprint in Formula 1 and tap into its global appeal.
P&G: brand ambassador Jenson Button
The wide-ranging deal initially runs in Asia, but could be extended globally should it prove successful.
Until now, Gillette-owner P&G has not had a direct sponsorship involvement with F1 or an F1 team, although its Head & Shoulders brand sponsors McLaren driver Jenson Button.
The partnership, announced today, will run thoughout 2013 and will include dedicated TV spots, a digital campaign and a series of in-store events running in Asia to highlight the partnership.
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team principal Martin Whitmarsh, said: "F1 has already seen several multi-national corporations come on board this year, so this partnership once again underlines the inherent and ongoing opportunity and value of entering one of the most popular and watched sports in the world."
Brands which have moved into F1 this year include BlackBerry and Emirates.
However, Vodafone is ending its long-running sponsorship of F1 after announcing it will ditch its deal with McLaren at the end of the year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Brand Insight Managers : Cultural trends Jarlett de Grouchy £33000 - £43000 per annum + Benefits , London