Adam & Eve/DDB wins Agency of the Year
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity named Adam & Eve/DDB its Agency of the Year last night, after the Omnicom shop picked up four Grands Prix.
Adam & Eve/DDB picked up the Grands Prix in Promo & Integrated, Press, Integrated and Film for its "I’m sorry I spent it on myself" campaign for Harvey Nichols in Christmas 2013. The record is five Grands Prix, won by last year's "dumb ways to die".
In total Adam & Eve/DDB won 22 awards across brands including Volkswagen, Marmite and John Lewis.
James Murphy, the founder and chief executive of Adam & Eve/DDB, said: "It’s great to see the UK agencies’ resurgence and it’s even better that Adam & Eve is leading that charge across so many categories and clients."
Although WPP won holding company of the year for the largest overall number of points, Omnicom issued a press release claiming it won more Grands Prix and gold Lions than any other holding company.
BBDO and DDB were the second and third advertising networks, behind WPP’s Oglivy & Mather, and its media networks PHD and OMD were the second and third media networks, behind Publicis Groupe’s Starcom MediaVest Group.
John Wren, the president and chief executive of Omnicom, said: "This year at Cannes, we saw outstanding work from all over the world that combines the best in creativity and technology and the fact our agencies took home top honors across a broad range of categories including advertising digital, mobile and PR, speaks to the depth and breadth of service offerings of Omnicom."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)