Wunderman wins global GSK pitch
GlaxoSmithKline is set to appoint Wunderman as a lead agency on its global digital advertising account after a pitch that began last year.
Aquafresh: digital business includes toothpaste brand
The agency beat Possible Worldwide in a final shoot-out, and will now be responsible for handling a number of GSK’s brands, including antiviral drug, Zovirax, as well skincare product, Oilatum and Physiogel.
Campaign revealed that the global review had kicked off in October last year. The pharmaceutical giant invited agencies to submit an RFI through its procurement department.
GSK declined to comment.
Grey Worldwide, which handles the bulk of GSK’s UK advertising account, is unaffected by the review.
In September last year, GSK split its estimated £1 billion media planning and buying business between Group M and Omnicom Media Group.
PHD retained the US account and also picked up the Canadian and West African markets. Group M agencies were awarded the rest of the world, with MediaCom retaining the £60 million UK business.
Last year, GSK offloaded its drinks brands Lucozade and Ribena to Suntory after a strategic review.
The company now focuses on consumer health products, which span oral health, wellness, nutrition and skin health. Brands include Zovirax, Panadol and Horlicks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London