Hellmann's ad looks back across 100 years of its mayonnaise
Hellmann's is marking 100 years of its mayonnaise with a major marketing push, including a 30-second TV ad celebrating the brand's contribution to British cuisine.
"Family dinners", "hazy summer lunches" and "homemade sandwiches" have been made more memorable in the last century according to the ad.
The 30-second spot, which will launch in the coming weeks, charts the brand’s inception, from when it was concocted by Richard Hellmann, to the modern day. It depicts various idealised family scenes across the ages, with images showing the evolution of Hellmann's blue labelling. "Here’s to 100 years – bringing out the best," the voiceover tells the viewer.
The TV ad is part of a wider campaign, which will feature limited edition Hellmann’s jars bearing the 100 years message, while digital ads will roll out across food-focused media and video on demand.
Hasseb Rahman, marketing manager for Unilever UK and Ireland’s dressings business, said: "We wanted to create an ad which emphasised the brand’s consistent position as a household favourite due to the quality of the product. The 100th birthday is a significant and exciting milestone for Hellmann’s – it confirms the brand’s iconic status and illustrates that we’re continuing to meet the needs of consumers."
According to Rahman, the mayonnaise category is worth £144m, with Hellmann’s commanding a 70% share.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London