Doritos opens Super Bowl contest to UK with $1m cash prize incentive
Doritos is opening up its 'Crash the Super Bowl' contest to a global audience for the first time with the best entrant winning a $1m (£630,000) cash prize and the chance to work on the set of Marvel's new Avengers movie.
Prize judge: Spider-Man and Iron Man creator Stan Lee
The contest has been running since 2007 and gives the public the chance to have their own ad air during the Super Bowl, but the PepsiCo-owned brand has previously limited the competition to US residents.
A judging panel including Stan Lee, the chairman emeritus of Marvel Studios and creator of Iron Man and Spider-Man, will select the five best ads.
The five will be whittled down to two finalists through a combination of a fan vote and a vote by Doritos.
Both finalists will have their TV ad aired during Super Bowl XL VIII and will also work with Marvel Studios on the set of "Marvel’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron".
The ultimate winner of the fan vote will receive the $1m grand prize, which the brand claims is the largest cash prize it has ever given away. The runner-up will receive $50,000.
Evrim Sen, marketing director at Doritos
Doritos claims that since Crash the Super Bowl was created there have been more than 20,000 ad submissions with the winners "ranking among the most memorable and buzzed-about" Super Bowl ads.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Planning Manager - Healthcare PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Business Director PFJ £80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum, London
- Account Executive - Social Media Source £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £26000 per annum, Stevenage