Molson Coors reviews global media
Molson Coors, which owns the Carling, Coors Light and Cobra beer brands, is reviewing its international media planning and buying business, including the £22 million UK account.
Carling: part of Molson Coors, whose review covers parts of Europe and Canada
The brewer works with a number of agencies in the markets being contested, which cover some areas of Europe. A review for Canada is being held simultaneously.
Publicis Groupe’s ZenithOptimedia is the incumbent in the UK, while Molson Coors uses UM in Bulgaria, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Croatia. UM’s sister Interpublic Group agency Initiative handles Romania.
The WPP-owned MEC is the incumbent in Canada, a significant market in which Coors Light is a leading beer brand.
All of the incumbents are defending their markets, with ZenithOptimedia pitching against rivals including a joint UM and Initiative team in Europe.
The brewer expects to appoint an agency or agencies in September or October.
Molson Coors appointed ZenithOptimedia to its UK media business, then estimated to be worth £15 million, in 2009. The agency beat MediaCom in a final head-to-head contest. The previous incumbent was Vizeum.
Molson Coors spent £21.7 million on media in the UK in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)