ZenithOptimedia adspend forecasts
ZenithOptimedia is forecasting 3.5% year on year adspend growth for the UK in 2012.
- UK ad expenditure
- UK year-on-year percentage change
- UK ad expenditure for newspapers, magazines and internet
- Global ad expenditure by medium
- Global ad expenditure by region, major media
- Global year-on-year percentage change, major media
- Global share of adspend by medium
- Global internet advertising by type
UK ad expenditure in local currency at current prices for newspapers, magazines and internet (£ million)
Source for charts above: 2005-2009 Advertising Association (Internet 2005 IAB, 2006-2009 Agency estimates), 2010-2012 Agency forecasts.
1. Excludes 15% agency commission (10% agency commission for consumer magazine classified)
2. Excludes production costs
3. Includes production costs
4. After discounts (except for cinema, which is before discounts)
5. Magazines excludes directories
6. Radio and TV sponsorship not included
7. The AA's TV revenue differs from the total of our own channel-by-channel estimates whihc appear in UK TV forecasts. The AA will not itemise the componentws of its figure.
8. Internet includes display advertising, classified advertising, paid search listings, affiliate deals and partnerships/tenancies.
Source: ZenithOptimedia (Totals here are lower than the totals in the advertising expenditure by region table, since that table includes total adspend figures for which spend is not itemised)
Global ad expenditure by region, major media (newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, cinema, outdoor, internet)
Global year-on-year percentage change, major media (newspapers, magazines, television, radio, cinema, outdoor, internet)
Global internet advertising by type - US$ million at current prices (currency conversion at 2010 average rates)
All charts are produced using publicly available data from ZenithOptimedia. More indepth forecasts can be purchased from ZenithOptimedia from its website.