Trevor Beattie to hold event for Normandy heroes
Trevor Beattie's The Jack and Ada Beattie Foundation, which he set up in memory of his parents, is hosting its annual black tie gala to raise funds to help return D-Day veterans to the beaches of Normandy on the 70th anniversary.
D-Day salute: The Jack and Ada Beattie Foundation hosts charity ball on 21 September
The black tie ball on 21 September will take place at the Sywell Aerodrome, Northants, with astronaut Buzz Aldrin appearing as guest of honour, alongside Eddie Izzard and a number of Normandy heroes.
Money raised will go towards D-Day 70, which takes place in June 2014, and is the last formal commemoration and "final salute" to D-Day veterans.
The event will have a wartime theme, with an air display by aircraft from 1944.
For further details, contact Alex at Alexandra@beattiefoundation.com.
Beattie, a founder of Beattie McGuinness Bungay, set up The Jack And Ada Beattie Foundation to fight against inequality and promote dignity, freedom and sanctuary.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Manager Digital Marketing EMEA Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, South East England
- Head of SEO PFJ £70000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + excellent executive benefits, London
- Copywriter Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London