Govt seeks single shop for media buying brief
The Government is preparing to launch a review of its media buying contract, held by Group M's bespoke unit M4C, at the end of January.
Government: media rethink
M4C manages media buying for all government ad campaigns and will be defending the account. The Government’s planned total communications spend is £237 million for 2013-14.
M4C, a joint venture between Mindshare, Mediacom and MEC, won the business in 2010, fighting off an Aegis team and a combined offering from Starcom MediaVest Group and the now-defunct i-level.
The Government intends to appoint a single agency, which sources said could be another consortium arrangement from a holding group.
The process will not involve an e-auction.
If M4C loses the account, its 36 staff would be subject to Tupe regulations. The review is planned to end in June.
The creative and media planning arrangements are run using rosters.
The pitch will be handled by the Crown Commercial Service, which was created in December last year when the Government Procurement Service merged with other procurement processes.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)