Qatar government company hires Publicis London for economic task ahead of World Cup
Publicis London has been appointed to brand a company owned by the government of Qatar, which will promote international investment in the Gulf state as it prepares to host the football World Cup in 2022.
Hanson-Lowe: says Middle Eastern companies are looking to London for advertising
The agency has branded a new company, Manateq, which will aim to attract non-Qatari businesses to invest and work in Qatar’s "economic zones". These are areas where foreigners are permitted to start businesses, free from some of the restrictions that are in place elsewhere in the Gulf state.
Publicis London has been appointed by the Qatari government to promote its economic zones that are open to international investment, as the Gulf state looks towards hosting the football World Cup in 2022.
Three zones have been created with facilities such as offices and factories that businesses can rent. Two more zones will be created in the future.
Publicis will work on brand identity for the company and the five zones, and the appointment could lead to more business. Manateq will work to communicate the benefits of the zones, such as access to infrastructure and transport, to SMEs around the world.
The agency is already working with the Qatari government on advertising, branding and CRM for some of its property developments in Egypt. The agency aims to work with more Middle-Eastern businesses in future in what it considers to be a growing market.
Patrick Hanson-Lowe, the chief marketing officer at Publicis UK, said: "Middle Eastern companies have become quite sophisticated and mature. They are seeing London as a world centre for marketing and advertising, and looking here for advertising services. It makes us all quite proud that London is the place to be."
Fahad Al Kaabi, the chief executive of Manateq, said: "Our vision is to support Qatar’s diversification strategy by becoming one of the region’s leading economic zones. Publicis impressed us with their understanding, global reach and expertise in this area."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London