Lucky Generals in contention for Labour's election account
Lucky Generals has quietly begun working for Labour and looks set to be on the shortlist when the party holds a pitch for its general election account this spring.
Labour: Lucky Generals created work around the Budget
On Budget day on Wednesday, the agency unveiled a digital and outdoor ad highlighting Ed Miliband’s flagship campaign on the cost of living. It shows a woman holding up a plastic bag, rather than the Chancellor George Osborne’s Budget box, displaying the words: "We’ve all got budgets George."
Labour officials said Lucky Generals is working on an informal basis but has impressed party headquarters. The start-up is likely to do more work around the May local elections and could be in a strong position to win the general election business.
The Labour leadership wants to use the pitch, which it has brought forward to after the May elections, to see what talents could be at its disposal.
Labour sources stressed that no decisions on the make-up of the shortlist had been taken. Other options include TBWA\London, which publicised Miliband’s proposed energy price freeze last autumn, and BMB, which did some work around last year’s local elections.
Saatchi & Saatchi, which Labour used in 2010, will not be part of the process.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)