Agencies vie for NHS digital brief
NHS Blood and Transplant, the special health authority that supplies blood and organs to hospitals in England and North Wales, is looking to appoint a digital agency.
NHSBT: has previously worked with DLKW Lowe and AMV
The contest is being run through the Crown Commercial Service. Roster agencies have already been contacted about the brief and invited to submit proposals, but pitches have yet to take place.
The review follows reports that NHSBT is piloting a scheme that offers liver transplants to patients with alcohol-related illnesses.
NHSBT most recently worked with DLKW Lowe. In November 2013, the agency created an online and radio campaign for the body called "this year’s must have gift". The YouTube spot showed children talking about presents they would like for Christmas, before cutting to a girl in hospital who says she needs blood.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO previously handled NHSBT’s above-the-line advertising. AMV BBDO won the account after a competitive pitch against Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R in 2009, but the relationship had ended by the time COI closed in 2011.
As NHSBT’s creative agency, AMV BBDO released an organ-donation campaign that included an online game as well as a TV spot that showed a boy sitting in an armchair whose health was slowly deteriorating.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)