Time to think about DOOH
Thinking about the evolving role of digital out-of-home and where it sits in the complex multiscreening planning environment throws up some powerful possibilities.
Mindpong at Ocean’s Eat Street @ Westfield London site
Elspeth Lynn, executive creative director, M&C Saatchi
For further inspiration and how to enter The Art Of Outdoor Digital Competition 2014, go to www.playwithourpixels.com
It certainly got our minds racing when The Brain Tumour Charity asked us to help raise awareness and support for its work in a way that would make people stop and think.
What transpired was the world’s first interactive game of Pong using the power of the mind alongside digital out-of-home.
Mindpong debuted at Ocean’s Eat Street @ Westfield London location using breakthrough electroencephalography technology. With no need for handheld controls, a headband monitored electrical activity in players’ brains, connecting them and the game to the large-format, full-motion digital screen.
Players could move the on-screen paddle up and down by simply concentrating (to go up) or relaxing (to go down).
Participants were asked for a £1 donation to play. And charity volunteers were on hand to give advice on the symptoms of brain tumours, which kill more people under the age of 40 in the UK than any other cancer.
A winning campaign because the connection between the action and the cause was so strong. As a judge in this year’s The Art Of Outdoor Digital Competition, I look forward to some equally memorable entries.
Time to get thinking!
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire