Hellmann's ad looks back across 100 years of its mayonnaise
Hellmann's is marking 100 years of its mayonnaise with a major marketing push, including a 30-second TV ad celebrating the brand's contribution to British cuisine.
"Family dinners", "hazy summer lunches" and "homemade sandwiches" have been made more memorable in the last century according to the ad.
The 30-second spot, which will launch in the coming weeks, charts the brand’s inception, from when it was concocted by Richard Hellmann, to the modern day. It depicts various idealised family scenes across the ages, with images showing the evolution of Hellmann's blue labelling. "Here’s to 100 years – bringing out the best," the voiceover tells the viewer.
The TV ad is part of a wider campaign, which will feature limited edition Hellmann’s jars bearing the 100 years message, while digital ads will roll out across food-focused media and video on demand.
Hasseb Rahman, marketing manager for Unilever UK and Ireland’s dressings business, said: "We wanted to create an ad which emphasised the brand’s consistent position as a household favourite due to the quality of the product. The 100th birthday is a significant and exciting milestone for Hellmann’s – it confirms the brand’s iconic status and illustrates that we’re continuing to meet the needs of consumers."
According to Rahman, the mayonnaise category is worth £144m, with Hellmann’s commanding a 70% share.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Marketing & Sales Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £26,000 - £36,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer (10 month contract) Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Manchester