Facebook ad performance improving, says report
Facebook ad clicks increased 16.4% with advertiser revenue up by more than 28% in the second quarter of 2013, according to new data from social media marketing platform Kenshoo Social.
Facebook: ad performance is improving says Kenshoo Social data
The report examines trends in Facebook ad performance in Q2 of 2013, compared to the previous quarter.
Findings show that clicks increased 16.4% as a result of more tailored and targeted ads, while click-through rate is up 18.5%, resulting in a cost-per-click rate reduced by 15.9%.
The data is based on a global analysis of 75 billion Facebook ads across a representative sample of advertisers and agencies using Kenshoo Social.
Conversions – defined as offsite sales, likes, comments, shares, app installs, game plays and other Facebook actions – are up 56.9%, according to the study.
Meanwhile, advertisers’ revenue from placing Facebook ads is up 28.3% between Q1 and Q2, the data claims.
Todd Herrold, Kenshoo Social senior director of product marketing, said: "Advertisers are finding success using Facebook ads to drive toward their direct marketing goals, most importantly conversions and revenue."
He added that Facebook has been "steadily optimising its ad units and launching new ad-targeting products designed specifically for direct response", including Custom and Lookalike Audiences, launched in March, Partner Categories, unveiled in April, and the Facebook Exchange (FBX), which launched last year.
Herrold said: "At the same time, advertisers are getting better at narrowing down their target audiences and honing in more appropriately on users who may find the ad engaging. They’re becoming more sophisticated."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- SEO Manager - FMCG Account - Stand-Out Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Manager - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £32K, Leeds
- Online Marketing Executive - global business services giant Perfect Marketing People To £25k, Manchester