Nissan begins wearable tech with Nismo Watch
Nissan is set to become the first car manufacturer to create a smartwatch that will connect a driver to the car and will provide drivers with real-time biometric data.
Nissan launches wearable tech with Nismo Watch
The watch, unveiled today ahead of its display at the Frankfurt Motor Show between 10 - 22 September 2013, is Nissan's first step into wearable technology and is said to epitomise its ‘fan first' approach to performance.
The Nissan Nismo Watch will allow drivers to:
- monitor the efficiency of their vehicle with average speed and fuel consumption readings
- access vehicle telematics and performance data while on track
- capture biometric data via a heart rate monitor
- connect to the car using a smartphone app via Bluetooth Low Energy
- receive tailored car messages from Nissan
The sleek Nismo Watch will be available in three colours - black, white and the flagship black and red. The simple user interface can be controlled by two buttons and is secured onto the driver's wrist via a simple snap-fit mechanism.
Gareth Dunsmore, marketing communications general manager at Nissan in Europe, said: "Wearable technology is fast becoming the next big thing and we want to take advantage of this innovative technology to make our Nismo Brand more accessible. On track, Nissan uses the latest biometric training technologies to improve the performance of our Nissan Nismo Athletes and it is this technology we want to bring to our fans to enhance their driving experience and Nismo ownership."
Earlier this year, Nissan launched the Nismo Lab - a bespoke, mobile laboratory that features the latest, advanced biometric training tools such as brainwave technology and JukeRide - a cutting-edge performance analysis tool, that captures live biometric and telematics data from the race cars and Nissan Nismo Athletes during races.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London