Thomas Cook readies James Nesbitt campaign
Thomas Cook has worked with Havas Worldwide to create a three-ad campaign featuring James Nesbitt, the star of 'The Hobbit' and 'Cold Feet'.
The campaign launches on Saturday 1 June. It includes three ads, called "trunks", "room" and "exchange", which were filmed in Lanzarote from 18 to 23 March. Nesbitt appears as the dad in a family with four children who finds himself in funny circumstances on holiday.
Each of the 30-second ads will air on terrestrial and satellite channels, in off-peak, daytime slots, until 30 September. The ads were directed by Peter Cattaneo, the director of ‘The Full Monty’, and produced by Academy Films. Media buying was through Carat.
Mike Hoban, the sales, marketing and ecommerce director at Thomas Cook UK & Ireland, said: "The new TV ads are set to bring a new, light-hearted look and feel to the brand and show how our experience and expertise means that we can ensure our customers enjoy the perfect holiday."
The work will be complemented by digital activity, including CRM, traditional direct marketing and in store promotion.
Thomas Cook is currently reviewing its advertising account, after calling time on its relationship with Havas Worldwide.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)