Comparethemarket.com-owner reviews £300m media account
BGL Group, the owner of Comparethemarket.com, has put the £300 million media account for Comparethemarket.com and four of its other businesses up for pitch.
Comparethemarket.com: baby oleg by VCCP
Comparethemarket.com runs the VCCP-created 'Comparethemeerkat' ads featuring the animated Russian meerkat family.
The review also includes the media accounts for the Bennetts and Beagle Street instance brands, the French price-comparison site Les Furets.com and the Dutch comparison site Verzekeringssite.nl.
The brands are expected to spend a combined £300 million over the next three years.
Incumbent ZenithOptimedia has run the business for seven years, and will be part of the review process. It won the account from MediaVest Manchester (now Carat Manchester) in 2007, and retained the business after the last review in 2010.
The group said in a statement that it called the review to "ensure the group continues to engage with the strongest agency partners". It claims to have significantly invested in both its UK and international businesses recently, and is hoping that advertising will help it to grow in future.
Kal Atwal, the group director of brand-led businesses at BGL, and Mark Vile, the marketing director of Comparethemarket.com, will jointly lead the review.
Atwal said: "We are in the unusual and fortunate position that there is enormous potential for growth in every market where we operate.
"Given the success of our UK businesses and continued investment into Europe, now is the right time to review our current media partner to ensure we maximise future market opportunities."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London