The end-of-year merry-go-round of departing ad agency bosses spins apace and seems to show that the life of a chief executive is in danger of becoming, to quote Thomas Hobbes, increasingly nasty, brutish and short.
Was the John Lewis boss, Andy Street, deliberately trying to manage expectations of its Christmas ad campaign with his comments at the recent World Retail Congress? Street - who, later on the train home, managed to offend the French by telling a jour...
Six months ago, when Tom Bazeley, Dave Bedwood, Sam Ball and Dave Cox decided to cash in their Lean Mean Fighting Machine chips and sell to M C Saatchi, it s probably safe to say that, deep down, they didn t really expect to play much of a pivotal ro...
Carl Johnson's intense frustration at the lack of traction at Anomaly London is palpable in his searingly honest quotes on the front page of this magazine.
Is London once again a regional centre of creative excellence? It's an optimistic (and therefore attractive enough) theory that was put to me by one buoyant agency chief executive recently.
In case you've been living on the moon for the past six months or so, today marks the day when 5.3 million Scots will decide the fortune of the 300-year-old union - something that millions more of the Scottish diaspora have been denied.
Slightly subtler than one of Julian Fellowes' clunky plot twists, the narrative of two of the more interesting start-ups of recent years has changed with the news that both Joint and Lucky Generals had won a place on the Amazon ad roster - with the f...
There s a moment of unintentional humour in the Kwik Fit advertising tender document that prompts a snort of derision. While the process the company is suggesting to hire a new agency partner is far from funny, the name of the proposed brand campaign...
In the annals of corporate acquisitions of UK advertising agencies, Lake Capital's putative purchase of Engine must surely go down as one of the most muddled.
With Gwyn Jones' surprise departure from Bartle Bogle Hegarty - the only employer that he has ever known - industry chat has turned to whether the special covenant that Publicis Groupe promised when it fully bought out the shop still stands.
Two powerful and thoughtful pieces of commemorative advertising have already been produced ahead of Monday's centenary of Britain's entry into World War I. Johnny Fearless' sublime and moving piece of animation for the Imperial War Museum is a though...
A recent reunion at my village school was a reminder of how much your earliest years shape you. I once made a stab at a career in advertising, but it finished before it began - me having been stumped by the second question on Young & Rubicam's 1994 g...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)