Magazine ABCs 2012
ABC period January to June 2012
Three media buyers analyse the latest circulation figures from the consumer magazine industry and offer their views on who has come off best and worst.
Men's Health and Men's Fitness are defying the troubled men's paid-for lifestyle market that in some quarters shows little sign of stabilising, according to the latest round of magazine ABC figures.
Tablet subscriptions provide a glimmer of light in the latest set of magazine ABC results, but more effective cross-channel measurement is still required, reports Alasdair Reid and Katherine Levy.
The circulations of IPC's Soaplife and Hearst Magazines' Inside Soap have fallen significantly year on year, although the majority of TV titles avoided large declines, according to the July to December 2011 magazine ABC figures.
FHM, the former leader in the men's magazine sector, has recorded a 9.5% dive in circulation over the final six months of last year according to the latest magazine ABC figures released today.
The Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) has adapted its consumer magazine reporting standards to allow publishers to include their overseas digital editions.
While publishers, media agencies and advertisers mull over the latest magazine ABC figures, here's a look back at some of the methods used by the press to promote their titles during the first six months of 2011.
Future has published independently audited figures claiming 14,223 average monthly sales for the interactive iPad edition of T3, separately to its magazine ABC figures due out today.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London