Magazine ABCs 2012
ABC period January to June 2012
Three media buyers analyse the latest circulation figures from the consumer magazine industry and offer their views on who has come off best and worst.
Men's Health and Men's Fitness are defying the troubled men's paid-for lifestyle market that in some quarters shows little sign of stabilising, according to the latest round of magazine ABC figures.
Tablet subscriptions provide a glimmer of light in the latest set of magazine ABC results, but more effective cross-channel measurement is still required, reports Alasdair Reid and Katherine Levy.
The circulations of IPC's Soaplife and Hearst Magazines' Inside Soap have fallen significantly year on year, although the majority of TV titles avoided large declines, according to the July to December 2011 magazine ABC figures.
FHM, the former leader in the men's magazine sector, has recorded a 9.5% dive in circulation over the final six months of last year according to the latest magazine ABC figures released today.
The Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) has adapted its consumer magazine reporting standards to allow publishers to include their overseas digital editions.
While publishers, media agencies and advertisers mull over the latest magazine ABC figures, here's a look back at some of the methods used by the press to promote their titles during the first six months of 2011.
Future has published independently audited figures claiming 14,223 average monthly sales for the interactive iPad edition of T3, separately to its magazine ABC figures due out today.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London