Magazine ABCs 2012
ABC period January to June 2012
Three media buyers analyse the latest circulation figures from the consumer magazine industry and offer their views on who has come off best and worst.
Men's Health and Men's Fitness are defying the troubled men's paid-for lifestyle market that in some quarters shows little sign of stabilising, according to the latest round of magazine ABC figures.
Tablet subscriptions provide a glimmer of light in the latest set of magazine ABC results, but more effective cross-channel measurement is still required, reports Alasdair Reid and Katherine Levy.
The circulations of IPC's Soaplife and Hearst Magazines' Inside Soap have fallen significantly year on year, although the majority of TV titles avoided large declines, according to the July to December 2011 magazine ABC figures.
FHM, the former leader in the men's magazine sector, has recorded a 9.5% dive in circulation over the final six months of last year according to the latest magazine ABC figures released today.
The Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) has adapted its consumer magazine reporting standards to allow publishers to include their overseas digital editions.
While publishers, media agencies and advertisers mull over the latest magazine ABC figures, here's a look back at some of the methods used by the press to promote their titles during the first six months of 2011.
Future has published independently audited figures claiming 14,223 average monthly sales for the interactive iPad edition of T3, separately to its magazine ABC figures due out today.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...