Haymarket's Costello becomes PPA chairman at 'key moment'
Kevin Costello, chief executive of Haymarket Media Group, officially took on the position of chairman of the Professional Publishers Association (PPA) last night.
Kevin Costello: becomes chairman of the Professional Publishers Association
He takes over from former Hachette UK chairman, Kevin Hand, who now becomes PPA deputy chairman for the next year.
The handover took place last night at the Paramount venue in London, at the PPA chairman’s New Year reception.
Costello will act as chairman for two years, leading the organisation which is the trade body for the magazine industry.
Barry McIlheney, chief executive of the PPA, said Costello had joined at a "key moment for both the association and the industry that we lead and serve."
Digital media continues to drive the evolution of magazines, leading to the Audit Bureau of Circulations deciding to combine print and digital edition figures for magazines from its next audit period, something the PPA has been releasing since last year.
McIlheney added: "Having celebrated our centenary in style last year, we are now entering an exciting new phase, and Kevin's leadership will be invaluable in shaping the PPA for 2014 and beyond."
Costello leads Haymarket, which publishes Media Week, Campaign and consumer titles including Stuff and Autocar. He oversees the pbulisher's divisions in the UK, Germany, India, Hong Kong and the US.
He is the 29th person to lead the PPA since the association was founded in 1913.
Costello said: "I'm excited to be named Chairman of the PPA, particularly at this pivotal time as the industry continues to rise to the challenges presented by an increasingly digital economy.
"Professional publishing is a smart and dynamic sector and the pace of change is tremendous. I'm looking forward to working with CEO Barry McIlheney and his team to represent its interests and highlight its contributions, not only to business and the economy, but to innovation and creativity in the UK."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)