Innocent sales rocket over 35%, says Britvic Soft Drinks Report
Innocent was one of the big winners in this year's Britvic Soft Drinks Report, boosting its year-on-year value sales by over 35%, while Coke's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics failed to improve value sales.
Innocent: sales rocket 35%
Britvic’s annual Soft Drinks Report details the performance of the industry in the past 12 months.
Smoothie maker Innocent reported value sales of £213.5m in 2012 across grocery, convenience and impulse, a market leading leap of 36.6% on the year before.
Innocent, a London 2012 Olympic sponsor, also saw its volume sales surge over 60% to more than 98m litres.
Innocent’s performance was aided by its move into the pure juice category.
However, the smoothie maker is still dwarfed by the market leader Coca-Cola, the majority stakeholder in Innocent. Coca-Cola boasted value sales of £1.15bn in 2012, up 0.8% on the year, according to the report. Coke's performance includes all its variants, including Coke, Coke Zero and Diet Coke.
While Coke is the leading brand in the market, its volume sales fell by 3.3% despite heavy investment around its London 2012 Olympic sponsorship.
Arch-rival Pepsi witnessed a jump in value and volume sales of 7.4% and 10% respectively.
Other brands which witnessed significant uplifts in value terms in 2012 were Red Bull (up 6.7%), and Robinson’s Squash (up 4.1%), according to the report.
Across individual categories, colas maintained their status as the UK's favourite soft drink category, accounting for 22% of total grocery, convenience and impulse soft drink sales, with value sales of over £1.6bn.
Second placed was the pure juice category, with value sales of £1.2bn. Volume sales of the pure juice category dropped by 5.8% after it was hit hard by increases in the price of raw materials.
|The Britvic Soft Drinks Report:
Top grocery, convenience and impulse brands
|Coca-Cola (all variants)
|Pepsi (all variants)
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London