KFC mirrors McDonald's with launch of mobile payment system
KFC is mirroring McDonald's and Starbucks by launching a "mobile wallet" service in a move to drive up customer numbers.
KFC: launches mobile payment system in association with Airtag
The fast-food company is piloting its first mobile and web app for ordering and paying for food across 10 of its sites in the UK
If successful, it will be rolled across more of its restaurants, both in the UK and internationally.
The service is called KFC Fast Track and the app has been built by a company called Airtag.
According to Forest Research, it is estimated that mobile payments will reach $90bn (£60bn) by 2017
.Last year, Starbucks struck a deal to integrate the technology of Square, the mobile payments start-up from Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey, into its US stores.
In 2011, McDonald's rolled out contactless card payments across its 1,200 UK restaurants in a bid to steal a march on its competitors.Follow @joneddyreynolds
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)