KFC mirrors McDonald's with launch of mobile payment system
KFC is mirroring McDonald's and Starbucks by launching a "mobile wallet" service in a move to drive up customer numbers.
KFC: launches mobile payment system in association with Airtag
The fast-food company is piloting its first mobile and web app for ordering and paying for food across 10 of its sites in the UK
If successful, it will be rolled across more of its restaurants, both in the UK and internationally.
The service is called KFC Fast Track and the app has been built by a company called Airtag.
According to Forest Research, it is estimated that mobile payments will reach $90bn (£60bn) by 2017
.Last year, Starbucks struck a deal to integrate the technology of Square, the mobile payments start-up from Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey, into its US stores.
In 2011, McDonald's rolled out contactless card payments across its 1,200 UK restaurants in a bid to steal a march on its competitors.Follow @joneddyreynolds
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London