Domino's marketing activity boosts pizza sales
Domino's has credited new product launches backed by an "ever-growing marketing budget" for a double-digit lift in sales, despite the snow in the first quarter of the year.
Domino's: online sales accounted for 62% of total UK sales in Q1 2013
The pizza delivery company posted a 12.3% increase in sales from its stores in the UK, Ireland, Switzerland and Germany for the 13 weeks to 13 March. After a slow January, like-for-like sales at its 670 UK stores rose 6.6% during the period, helped by its hot dog-stuffed-crust pizza and advertised promotions.
Lance Batchelor, Domino’s chief executive, said: "New product launches, a relentless focus on service, industry leading digital and online technology, an ever-growing marketing budget, and a healthy pipeline of new sites are just some of the ways we continue to drive this terrific business forward."
Online sales represented 62% of total UK sales in the period, supporting Batchelor's views that Domino's is now "fundamentally a digital business," made after more than half (56%) of its pizza sales were ordered online in 2012.
Domino's recently underlined its commitment to marketing with the appointment of its first UK head of marketing, Jane Walker from Carphone Warehouse.
Simon Wallis, sales and marketing director of Domino's, is providing a keynote address at this year's Media360, run in association with Marketing.
Speaking on the second day of the London conference on 7 June, Wallis will discuss the pivotal role marketing has played in propelling the pizza company's success over the past 15 years.
From seven to 775 stores and a 15-fold increase on sales, Domino's has grown through quick innovation, calculated risks and continually challenges boundaries with industry partners, including media planner and adviser Arena Media.
Both days of Media360 will be chaired by Carat's chief executive, Tracy de Groose, and the event will be opened by culture minister Ed Vaizey.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...