Media news & analysis
Latest media news
Captain Morgan, the Diageo rum brand, has been forced to pull a Facebook ad after the Advertising Standards Authority ruled that it implied alcohol conquered boredom.
AOL UK is claiming an industry "milestone" after making all of its online advertising available to be traded programmatically this week.
Creature London has created the winning image for Cosmopolitan's campaign to remember the victims of honour killings.
Omnicom Group, home to BBDO, DDB Worldwide and Omnicom Media Group, has reported a 7 per cent rise in pre-tax profits to $514.7 million for the second quarter, on the back of recovering ad markets and strong organic growth.
Bloomberg Media has appointed former DMG Media and BBC Magazines leader Matt Teeman as its commercial director in Europe, Media East and Africa.
BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, generated sales of £1.04bn in the year to 31 March, propelled by the international licensing of top shows Sherlock, Top of the Lake and Doctor Who.
Van Wagner, the outsize US poster company, has sold its billboard business to CBS Outdoor in a $690 million (£404 million) deal.
MaxiNutrition, the sports nutrition brand, has signed a deal to promote the Total Body Challenge, a new workout programme from Men's Health, the Hearst-Rodale magazine.
Peter Sherman, an executive vice president at Omnicom, has been appointed as the holding group's executive vice president for innovation and cross-agency collaboration.
Errol Baran, the managing director of Clear Channel's Storm Digital project, has left his role, following a wider senior management restructure instigated by the outdoor media owner's new chief executive, Andrew Morely.
Samsung has created an outdoor campaign to coincide with the first birthday of the future monarch, Prince George, featuring pictures of another baby George.
Suzuki is releasing a brand campaign for its Swift range of cars including a TV spot that breaks on Monday.
Now the gold tickertape has settled after Super Mario scored big time and Lionel made a Messi of his golden chance, it's a good time to work out who won the battle of the brands in terms of digital customer engagement over the four weeks of Brasil, B...
The BBC will end its exclusive production deal with Red Bee Media in December 2015, bringing some tasks in-house and opening the rest to the market.
Media Week's inaugural media five-a-side tournament was won by UM London last week, after the agency team beat Wowcher 3:2 in a hard fought final.
Executive Channel International (ECI), the Australian out-of-home company, has entered the European market by acquiring the office digital display network ECNLive.
The BBC has made a wide range budget cuts in the 2013/4 financial year, including removing £6 million of "talent" costs as high-salaried presenters including Susannah Reid departed the corporation.
BSkyB's proposal to takeover Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland could be finalised by the end of the month, according to analysts.
Future Publishing has continued the disposal of its titles following the raid on the ailing publisher in May by Immediate Media, transferring lifestyle magazine The Simple Things to independent publisher Iceberg Press.
As the ad server turns 19 years old, John Stoneman, the interim vice president of EMEA at PubMatic, explains what advertising technology offers brands and their agencies.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Stopgap £220 - £270 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director | Advertising | London | £47,000 (40-47K) Dynamic New Alliances £40000.00 - £47000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager | Integrated | £30,000 Dynamic New Alliances £26000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director | London | £45-50K Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Fantastic Benefits & Package , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Account Manager | £29,000 Dynamic New Alliances £26000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)