BBC champions new comedy talent exclusively on iPlayer
The BBC has launched eight comedy pilots exclusively on BBC iPlayer, which includes a spot starring and co-written by Rob Madin, better known as YouTube celebrity Brett Domino.
C-Bomb: starring YouTube’s Rob Madin
Madin has created a pilot for his YouTube character 'C-Bomb', the "godfather of the South Yorkshire dubstep scene". The show has been written by Madin, Jason Cook and Daniel Peake and produced by BBC In-House comedy.
Other pilots rolling out on iPlayer include: 'Fuzzbox', a puppet show featuring the voices of "real" teenagers; 'Nick Helm’s Heavy Entertainment', a studio-based comedy featuring one of the rising stars from 'Live At The Electric'; and 'Going Native', a mock documentary by Hat Trick and staring Mona Yousefi as three different characters – a Russian gold digger, a Japanese internet sensation and a Middle Eastern entrepreneur – who have recently moved to the UK.
The broadcaster first launched the Feed My Funny comedy strand last year. It received more than one million requests on BBC iPlayer in its first 10 days on the platform.
Two of the original pilots, 'Impractical Jokers', a hidden-camera show, and mockumentary 'People Just Do Nothing', have been commissioned as full TV series for BBC Three.
'People Just Do Nothing' is set onboard a pirate radio station and was picked for development after becoming the most-shared content on BBC iPlayer in July 2012.
Another series of Comedy Feeds will be commissioned exclusively for BBC iPlayer in September.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)