The Sun appoints David Robinson as marketing director
News UK has appointed David Robinson as marketing director of The Sun, following the exit of Rob Painter to Sky last month.
David Robinson: becomes marketing director of The Sun
Robinson, aged 37, had previously been leading the marketing and sales around The Sun’s new paywalled Sun+ digital offering since the start of the year.
He takes over from Painter, who became marketing director with Sky Betting and Gaming.
Robinson joined News UK from BBC Worldwide in August 2010 as head of customer engagement, before becoming director of customer retention at the start of last year. He has also recently been involved in the new football season launch of The Sun’s Dream Team fantasy football league.
Katie Vanneck-Smith, News UK chief marketing officer, noted the "wealth of commercial and marketing acumen" he brings to the role.
She said: "In his three years working across the News UK estate, David has established himself as a well-respected member of the team.
"His passion and understanding of The Sun brand, a proven track record of innovative marketing, as well as his leadership and collaborative qualities – demonstrated in leading the launch of Sun+ – I am greatly excited by his appointment to the role."Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London