UKTV revenue reaches 'all-time high' of £262m
UKTV, the operator of 10 TV channels including Dave and Really, has revealed its revenue reached an "all-time high" of £262 million in 2012, with an operating profit of £71 million.
Dave: owner UKTV reveals that revenue hit a high of £262 million lin 2012
The broadcaster, which has not revealed its financial results before, is on track to invest £110 million in programming in 2013, which is also a record.
Although UKTV declined to give year-on-year figures, revenue of £262 million represented a four-year compound annual growth rate of eight per cent, while operating profit of £71 million represented a four-year compound annual growth rate of 14 per cent.
UKTV, whose portfolio also includes Alibi and Yesterday, generated 71.3 billion commercial impacts in 2012, up 9.9 per cent year on year and up 14.7 per cent from 2010.
According to figures supplied by UKTV, the BBC and Scripps Networks-owned broadcaster's share of commercial impacts "outpaced the market", reaching eight per cent in 2012, up from 7.3 per cent a year earlier.
Darren Childs, the chief executive officer, UKTV, said: "Strong revenue and profits are paving the way for UKTV's creative ambition to come to life. It's fantastic news for viewers and suppliers that we will devote a record £110 million of investment on screen, and provide audiences with compelling, original commissions and acquisitions through our network of vibrant channels."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Online Marketing Executive - global business services giant Perfect Marketing People To £25k, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford