Lotto, Durex and Ruud Wanck among Campaign's most-read news in 2013
In 2013, Campaign's website received more than two million unique browsers and 7.5 million page views. Here are the news headlines that have been the most popular this year.
Lotto: singalong ad was among Campaign's most-viewed online content
Breaking ad campaigns were among the most-viewed content, with the launch of the Lotto's 'ooh-wakka-doo' singalong campaign featuring alongside Durex's "fundawear", which claimed it assisted long-distance foreplay between couples.
The internet loves cats, and Campaign readers are no different - the launch of "running with cats" spot for Moneysupermarket.com was also a winner.
In the Christmas campaign stakes, Sainsbury's "Christmas in a day" by Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO bested the annual John Lewis spot by Adam & Eve/DDB. Both appeared in the top half of the ten most-viewed news stories.
And in the world of sports and celebrity, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nike's starring role in Campaign's weekly viral chart secured them a place in the top 10 list, as did the British and Irish Lions' appearance in an ad for HSBC.
The sad news of the death of the Naked Communications founder John Harlow earlier in the year was another of the most-viewed stories in 2013. Also well read was a further tribute to a "brilliant misfit".
Meanwhile, news that Norway is the world's most-advanced nation for digital media and Ruud Wanck's promotion at Group M rounded off this year's most-visited news content.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Innovation Development Manager Stopgap £35750 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Content Producer leading London Digital Agency highly progressive social account Ramsden Road c.£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Secure Connectivity Product Manager Barclay Meade £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Berkshire