Lotto, Durex and Ruud Wanck among Campaign's most-read news in 2013
In 2013, Campaign's website received more than two million unique browsers and 7.5 million page views. Here are the news headlines that have been the most popular this year.
Lotto: singalong ad was among Campaign's most-viewed online content
Breaking ad campaigns were among the most-viewed content, with the launch of the Lotto's 'ooh-wakka-doo' singalong campaign featuring alongside Durex's "fundawear", which claimed it assisted long-distance foreplay between couples.
The internet loves cats, and Campaign readers are no different - the launch of "running with cats" spot for Moneysupermarket.com was also a winner.
In the Christmas campaign stakes, Sainsbury's "Christmas in a day" by Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO bested the annual John Lewis spot by Adam & Eve/DDB. Both appeared in the top half of the ten most-viewed news stories.
And in the world of sports and celebrity, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nike's starring role in Campaign's weekly viral chart secured them a place in the top 10 list, as did the British and Irish Lions' appearance in an ad for HSBC.
The sad news of the death of the Naked Communications founder John Harlow earlier in the year was another of the most-viewed stories in 2013. Also well read was a further tribute to a "brilliant misfit".
Meanwhile, news that Norway is the world's most-advanced nation for digital media and Ruud Wanck's promotion at Group M rounded off this year's most-visited news content.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Junior Planner Recipe Advertising 19-21k, Oxford Circus